This is a must see if your a dog lover…. Hop over to the Beekman and checkout these beautiful lovelies!
You all know me right? Perpetually late, always apologizing for a packed schedule! So this week is more of the same. The closer the summer gets the more I have to find time to do all my favorite things….one of those is Monday Listicles! Stasha over at The good life…. has a great tradition, I’m just a little late!
So now that apologies are out-of-the-way, this weeks list is 10 beauty products you could not live without. You may laugh, but I always say some of these I would take to a deserted island over food and water! 🙂
10.Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner…. my hair is so thick, every other conditioner I’ve tried weighs it down. This stuff is amazing. Plus, in the end you rinse with cold water which is a bonus for not only your hair but your skin as well!
9.Hope in a Jar SPF 25…amazing lotion, not oily, never fails and it keeps me from getting burned!
8. Water….lots of water everyday… I’ve learned the hard way this is the only thing that keeps my skin clear and me feeling well. I’m still a tea and caffeine junkie, but the water is my other choice and it offsets all that. 🙂
7. I would never, and oh yes I do mean n.e.v.e.r. leave home without my Burt’s Bees. I have regular and tinted, all kinds of flavors and choices and I’m telling you hands down this is the best lip balm ever. I do not wear makeup, other than 4 things (eyeliner, mascara, powder and Burt’s Bee’s). Once you try this you’ll throw your chap stick, lip stick, lip tint or lip gloss out the car window! Even the hubs swears by it…. who thought a dude would like a beauty product?!
6.Avon Glimmersticks… in all kinds of different colors, this is the only one that doesn’t irritate my contacts….good stuff!
5. Mary Kay Spot Acne Solution….enough said!
4. Proactive Cleansing Bar….great for summer skin stress!
3/2. Lots of outdoor time and exercise….. we are an outdoor type of family, we are happiest with our bare feet in the grass or running around at a beach somewhere.
1. Meditation/Yoga….without it I’d have more gray hair than I already do and since I don’t color my hair, well that would be another to add to the list. I’ve learned over the last couple months that peace of mind through meditation brings space into your life and joy, which allows you to be beautiful inside and let your light shine out. And yoga is a process, I’m such a novice, but it brings me great peace and energy, which is such a wonderful thing (even if I have no clue what I’m doing!).
What are your favorite beauty things?
Green is a popular color these days, and it’s not just reserved for St. Patrick’s Day.
Everything from cleaning products to home building materials is getting greener. People are becoming more conscious of saving energy, protecting, the environment and living sustainably. On March 17, think about making your skin green. We’re not talking about color; we’re referring to using sustainable, eco-friendly beauty products.
Green skin care involves using products made as naturally as possible. Eco-friendly skin care products are good for both your skin and the environment. In fact, making chemical-free green beauty products can be simple to inexpensive. You can adopt eco-friendly practices for skin care that come right from your own kitchen.
The following body scrub is perfect for making your St. Patrick’s Day a Little Greener.
What you need:
Sea salt or granulated sugar
Sweet almond oil
Mint essential oil
How to make it
Fill a container with salt or sugar, and pour about half as much oil into the container. We recommend using about twice as much of the salt or sugar as the oil. Stir the mixture until it’s combined, and add as much essential oil as you wish. If you store the body scrub in a glass jar with a screw-on lid, it will last approximately seven days.
How to use it:
After cleansing your skin in the shower, apply a generous amount of the body scrub.
Using a gentle circular motion, lightly work the scrub into your skin. You can apply it to rough areas like your feet and knees or use it to softly buff away dead skin cells on your arms or torso. Your hands will end up soft and smooth after using the body scrub. After massaging it into your skin, rinse the body scrub off and pat yourself dry.
This St. Patrick’s Day, you can get a little greener and feel a little cleaner. Save money, save the environment and give this body scrub a shot. After all, if you can eat it, you know it’s safe for your skin, and this body scrub will help make your skin brighter than any pot of gold.
Michelle Pinois a guest contributor to EcoMom and has provided this article using her knowledge from Skana Spa where she works. Skana is located in central NY at the Turning Stone Resort and Casino. When Michelle isn’t working she enjoys spending her time relaxing, catching up on her favorite TV shows or baking a yummy desert she found on Pinterest!